Speech writing is a very serious process which requires much time and effort. Being interested in professional speech, you have to study hard in order to achieve great success in good speech writing. Thinking about your future speech, you are sure to leave good impression and make people remember a couple of points. It is important to remember that your speech should be focused on several points and finally you have to make audience to remember some aspects of your speech, not the whole. Having written several professional speeches and having analyzed a number of historical oral presentations I can say for sure that writing a good speech is a complicated process. Here is a list of recommendations for you to be able to write good speeches in the future.
9 Tips for Writing Good Speeches
- The audience has to remember your words. You need to say one phrase which will be memorized and this will be a great part of your success.
- Structure your work to make sure that the information flows smoothly and logically. Even the best written words presented without any structure skipping from one idea to another will be said in vain.
- You should have an introduction, but you cannot make it too long as in this case the impression from your speech will be spoiled.
- Intonation is important. You cannot use convincing tone all the time. You are sure to have some sting parts, but you should also speak calm to give the audience some time to assess your words.
- Make sure that your speech is not separated for yourself. You should be the one-and-the-same with your message.
- Repeat your main idea several times. Don’t be afraid of sounding alike. You need to make sure that people will remember your focus when they leave.
- Speech without transitions is a list which won’t be remembered. Only smooth flow of information with slow shift from one idea to another one can be interesting and easy to follow.
- You need to be an actor to deliver the message to the audience.
- The end of your speech should be impressive. You are to make sure that the main points are repeated. Audience usually remembers the final part of discussion.
Therefore, these ten tips on how to write speeches can be considered as an effective way to create your effective and convincing speech.