Happy Independence Day Quotes and Greeting Messages
“United we stand, divided we fall” is not an American saying, but it truly reflects the sole conditions under which American Independence was born and keeps living today: its fortitude blooms when we come together in the spirit of oneness, and it is inconceivable when we feel separated from each other. Pauline Hanson said, “To survive in peace and harmony, united and strong, we must have one people, one nation, one flag”. It goes without saying that the flag is the most potent token of the American Independence. A live human symbol of this Independence, Abraham Lincoln, was an adamant fighter for liberty in America. “Standing as I do, with my hand upon this staff, and under the folds of the American flag, I ask you to stand by me so long as I stand by it”, proclaimed he. The Independence Day, the most red-white-blue day of the year, is also an anniversary of the star spangled banner, for the modern version of the flag was adopted exactly on the Independence Day, 58 years ago.
The inspiration and empowerment that the flag brings are almost palpable in songs. “Tonight I dare you to dream. Go on, believe impossible things whenever anybody says there’s anything we can’t do. After all, there’s an American flag on the moon”, sings Brandon Paisley in “American Flag on the Moon”. Our musical heritage is rich in songs so American to the core that on every 4th of July, it is a must for everyone to sing together to the rave-like “Living in America” of James Brown, or shout out Bruce Springsteen’s “Born in the USA”. These songs, as beloved today as 30 years ago, reflect the hardships of American life that stand behind its glory. This is what makes people relate to the lyrics even more and put their compassion for each other’s struggle into the passion of singing along.
Further back in time, we find older sayings about independence and the meaning of being an American that stand strong to this day. “I’m a Yankee Doodle Dandy… Born on the Fourth of July” comes from a famous early 20th century song that’s become a popular expression of patriotism. Mocked by the British with the name “yankee doodle” around the time of War for Independence, Americans turned that name into a symbol of pride, as if saying, laugh all you want, but we live in the country that was fearless enough to break free from clenching obsolete orders and move ahead by the means of democracy to its own, American, Dream. As Robert Frost stated, “Freedom lies in being bold”, having the courage to fight for it and head in your chosen direction.
What is it, really, that we celebrate on this day? Something that gives us joy and the sense of fulfillment, something that has the greatest meaning for us. This is reflected in the following well-fitting quotes on Independence Day, “Independence is happiness” (Susan B. Anthony) and “Better to die fighting for freedom than be a prisoner all the days of your life” (Bob Marley). In some kind of pre-agreement with the musician, a Founding Father Patrick Henry declared at the Second Virginia convention, one of the precursors of American Independence: “Give me liberty, or give me death”. Thus he emphasized the value of freedom for our nation as something that is worth dying for. “The patriot’s blood is the seed of Freedom’s tree”, said Thomas Campbell. Another interesting fact that shows how Americans cherish the concept of freedom is that over half of the states have cities, villages, and even ghost towns that are named “Independence” or “Liberty”.
The day when you will hear “Have a happy 4th of July!” from everywhere and receive tons of 4th of July greetings is coming. Soon all Americans will celebrate the 241st anniversary of the United States’ independence. The National Day of parades, fireworks, fairs, picnics, barbecues, concerts, family reunions, and sports games commemorates the adoption of the Declaration of Independence that united 13 colonies in one sovereign nation.
On this day, we listen to the impassioned political speeches and reflect on the history of our country. No matter how patriotic a person is, heartfelt Independence Day quotes and sayings can move anyone to tears. A sincere happy 4th of July message can make someone’s day, bring about pleasant memories, and even inspire.
If you need help finding a perfect happy Independence Day quote or composing a moving happy Independence Day wish, read on and choose greetings you like most.
Quotes about Independence
Since many countries survived difficult times fighting for their sovereignty, the internet is full of quotes on independence. That is why you can find beautiful, emotional speeches dedicated to Independence Day delivered by the presidents, politicians, distinguished personalities, and celebrities.
Read on to check out our collection of happy Independence Day quotations.
Quotations for Independence Day
- “Nothing is more precious than independence and liberty.” – Ho Chi Minh
- “We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people there is liberty.” – John Basil Barnhill
- “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” – Ronald Reagan
- “Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Those who won our independence… valued liberty as an end and as a means. They believed liberty to be the secret of happiness and courage to be the secret of liberty.” – Louis D. Brandeis
- “For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.” – Nelson Mandela
- “We hold our heads high, despite the price we have paid, because freedom is priceless.” – Lech Walesa
- “You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism.” – Erma Bombeck
Happy 4th of July Quotes
- Let’s celebrate today paying tribute to those who fought for our freedom and future. Happy Fourth of July!
- With the deepest respect and eternal gratitude, we salute the American Heroes and the independent Unites States of America. Happy 4th of July, fellow Americans!
- Happy Independence Day! May our sovereign country remains a home of democracy, tolerance, and equality.
- Joining hand in hand, we celebrate our liberty and thank those in service to the United States. Have a happy Independence Day!
- Today we reflect on our past and rejoice at a happy day of Independence. Have a warm and fun-filled Fourth of July!
- May the colors of the American flag remind us of our victories and losses. We have come a long way to the liberties we now enjoy. Let’s be grateful today for what we have and spend a great Independence Day!
- Happy Fourth of July! Let’s dance and watch the fireworks; let’s listen to music and enjoy the parade; let’s play with our kids; let’s visit our grandparents; let’s invite neighbors for a barbecue; let’s send each other warm wishes… Let’s be free on Independence Day!
- Today is not just the other day of the week, not a regular holiday. On July 4, we commemorate those who made it possible for us to live in a free America and pursue our dreams. Have a joyous Independence Day!
- As proud citizens of the United States of America, we are celebrating the greatest holiday of our nation. May it be a beautiful day of self-awareness, patriotism, kindness, and love. Have a wonderful Fourth of July!
- To be an American is to practice the liberties our independent country protects. Let’s honor those who gave their lives for us to live in a free world. Happy Independence Day!
Happy Birthday America Quotes
- Happy Independence Day USA! Stay strong and prosper; rely on your people and be just to all.
- Happy birthday to a great land of freedom, power, and democracy! May the future offers the best it has to all Americans.
- Our hearts beat in perfect unison when we celebrate Independence Day. Let’s embrace the marvelous feelings of unity, freedom, and love today. Happy birthday America!
- Bright Stars and glorious Stripes emanate the pride of great accomplishments of America. We are forever grateful for our freedom and opportunities. Happy birthday to the United States!
- Wishing a happy birthday to America! The land of brave and free people who keep the fire of patriotism burning in their proud and thankful hearts.
- Today we celebrate the birthday of our country. Let’s reflect on America’s past and wish for safe and peaceful future. Happy birthday to our fatherland!
- What’s the best present for birthday? On July 4, it is a parade of thanks, a firework of hope, and a carnival of appreciation. Let’s join in a United celebration of our country’s day of birth!
- Happy birthday to all Americans as a nation! Let’s enjoy the Fourth of July with countless smiles, laughs, warm wishes, and aspiring hopes!
- On July 4, we celebrate our country’s birthday and appreciate the freedom and democracy it protects. Let’s cherish America and our life in an independent state. Happy birthday to all!
- Let’s enjoy the blessings of independence America gives its citizens every day. With our hearts full of love, pride, and appreciation, we celebrate the noble foundations of our country. Happy birthday USA!
Happy 4th of July Wishes & Messages
- I wish you to have a great Fourth of July with your family and friends. May it be a wonderful time of joy and happiness.
- Happy 4th of July! Let’s celebrate the opportunities to live happy lives and create a bright future for the generations to come.
- We owe to America to be loyal and patriotic citizens who contribute to its prosperity and well-being. Let’s pay tribute to those who did that job before us. Happy Independence Day!
- Have a happy America’s birthday! May today be a great day of fun, rest, and reminiscence.
- Best wishes on Fourth of July! Hope you’re having a good time with friends and family and enjoy the beautiful present our country protects.
- Let’s appreciate the chance of being better people and decent citizens of the best country in the world. Happy Independence Day!
- Happy Fourth of July! Have a great day filled with positive emotions and pleasant feelings in a good company.
- Let’s have a happy Independence Day by saluting those brave ones who sacrificed their lives for our future.
- Happy Independence Day! Make this day memorable by honoring American heroes and celebrating strong foundations of our country they fought for.
- Happy 4th of July! We wish you a joyful and safe celebration of this remarkable day in our nation’s history.
- Wishing you and your family a blessed Fourth of July!
- It is time to celebrate our freedom. Wishing everyone a very happy Fourth of July.
The key ingredient in any greeting is a sincere wish. So be generous with your feelings on the day America rose as an independent country.