Pretty soon the darkest fears of the humanity, fairy tale creatures, and Hollywood horrors will be roaming the streets all across the country. Yes, the Halloween holiday is coming, and it's a good reason to be excited! For some it's time for arts and crafts, for others it's a never-ending party, and quite a few people enjoy the traditional part that evolved along with the long history of Halloween.
Although it is celebrated all over the world, it is hard to find a country where Halloween would be a major fall celebration. In addition to that, quite a few major distinctions (e.g. trick-or-treating, haunted houses, festive decorations, corn mazes, mesmerizing jack-o'-lanterns) were developed in the USA.
Various goosebumpy greetings and proverbs also became a part of the celebration, so don't forget to send your dears scary good wishes, sayings, and the best quotes for Halloween!
Funny Halloween Quotes and Sayings
It's worth remembering that this holiday is as much about partying and candies as it is about spooky things. Halloween is also a family holiday, so you might want to look for some funny Halloween wishes to send to your family members. These popular sayings would look great on a greeting card or even in a simple text message:
- When Halloween is here, the monsters appear and the candies disappear.
- A candy a day keeps the monsters away.
- I am guilty of eating candy in cold blood.
Another good idea would be to choose a few witty Halloween quotes for a toast or a joke.
- "If I'm lazy and I can't come up with a costume, I would just wear a slip and write "Freudian" on it." — Julia Stiles
- "Last Halloween was bad for me. I got beat up. I went to a party dressed as a piñata." — Jim Samuels
- "I learned something the other day. I learned that Jehovah’s Witnesses do not celebrate Halloween. I guess they don't like strangers going up to their door and annoying them." — Bruce Clark
- "I don't know that there are real ghosts and goblins, but there are always more trick-or-treaters than neighborhood kids." — Robert Brault
- "I awaken in the Halloween aftermath. Bed covered in candy wrappers. Looking down at my chocolate smeared hands I whisper, "What have I done?" — Reverend Scott.
Halloween Movie Quotes
A dark Halloween night is definitely a perfect time for horror movies and ghost stories. If you want to get some inspiration and feel the atmosphere or dreadful panic (or simply find a good Halloween movie to watch), check out a few famous Halloween movie quotes that create a sinister atmosphere.
- "Haven't you noticed how nothing in this house seems to move until you look away and then you just... catch something out of the corner of your eye?" — Theodora, The Haunting
- "What an excellent day for an exorcism." — Demon, The Exorcist
- "These eyes will deceive you, they will destroy you. They will take from you, your innocence, your pride, and eventually your soul. These eyes do not see what you and I see. Behind these eyes one finds only blackness, the absence of light, these are of a psychopath." — Dr. Samuel Loomis, Halloween
- "Something came out of the fog and tried to destroy us. In one moment, it vanished. But if this has been anything but a nightmare, and if we don't wake up to find ourselves safe in our beds, it could come again. To the ships at sea who can hear my voice: look across the water, into the darkness. Look for the fog." — Stevie Wayne, The Fog
- "That was a very student film." — Noah, The Ring
Halloween Love Quotes
What can be better than drinking pumpkin spice lattes and eating candies on a fall date with your loved one? In order to create a special Halloween atmosphere, choose some cute and romantic Halloween quotes and sign 2-3 cards for your sweetheart.
- "Do you believe in destiny? That even the powers of time can be altered for a single purpose? That the luckiest man who walks on this earth is the one who finds true love?" — Dracula
- Don't let any vampires suck the fun out of your night!
- Just wanted to let you know that I'll chase all those scary things away from you this Halloween!
- Totally made for each other just like Frankenstein and his Wife!
- Your love potion totally worked!
- Scary with you is better than scary without you.
- "Do you have to open graves to find girls to fall in love with?: — Mummy
- I'm glad to have you as my ghoul-friend this Halloween. Happy Halloween.
- "Real love is to offer your life at the feet of another" — Let The Right One In
Halloween Quotes and Wishes for Kids
Kids Halloween wishes tend to be much less scary or intimidating. If you want to congratulate your kid on the occasion or simply want to make that evening memorable for neighbors' kids, try a couple of heart-warming kid Halloween quotes that will encourage them to have fun.
- May your Halloween be freaky fun and deathly delicious.
- The sweetest thing I know of this Halloween isn't the candy. It's you!
- I hope your treats outnumber your tricks.
- I hope you are able to dance like a ghost this Halloween. Let's BOOOgie!
- The skeleton laughed at this Halloween card message. It tickled his funny bone.
Scary Halloween Quotes
And of course, this holiday is all about creepy Halloween quotes and sayings. Each year tons of those are printed on postcards, posters, in newspapers, and digital papers. It's hard to imagine this day without those greetings and spooky wishes coming from everywhere.
- "As spirits roam the neighborhoods at night, let loose upon the Earth till it be light..." — Nicholas Gordon
- "Men say that in this midnight hour, the disembodied have power." — William Motherwell
- "By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes." — William Shakespeare
- "Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain." — J. K. Rowling
- "There is a time to take counsel of your fears, and there is a time to never listen to any fear." — George S. Patton
- "From ghoulies, and ghosties, and long-legged beasties, and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord, deliver us!" — Scottish Saying
- "At first cock-crow, the ghosts must go back to their quiet graves below." — Theodosia Garrison
- "On Hallowe'en, the thing you must do is pretend that nothing can frighten you and if somethin' scares you and you want to run, just let on like it's Hallowe'en fun." — 19th Century Halloween postcard.
Happy Halloween Birthday Wishes and Quotes
What could be more exciting than anticipating 2 holidays instead of one? If you know someone whose birthday is on the 31st of October, don't forget to send them Halloween birthday wishes! To make those a little bit more personal, think about including a name of your recipient or some special detail (e.g. a nickname, their favorite candy) that will make that birthday person smile.
- I'm a big fan of Halloween. But I'm a bigger fan of your birthday! Have a happy one.
- Trick or treat, smell my feet, hope your birthday's extra sweet!
- Were you really born on Halloween, or were you created in a mad scientist's lab?
- They that are born on Halloween shall see more than other folk.
- Hope your birthday leaves you smiling like a jack-o'-lantern. Happy birthday, pumpkin!
- What kind of weirdo is born on Halloween? One of my very favorite weirdos! Happy birthday!
- Happy Halloween birthday! Hope you have a wicked good time!
There are plenty of ways to wish Happy Halloween to someone you care about. Honest warm greetings that come from your heart are always the best choice!